Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Visioning Workshops on a Sustainable Westmount
To launch Westmount’s sustainable development initiative, three draft vision statements were developed and presented for public discussion in September.
With input from participants at the September, October and November 2008 visioning workshops at Victoria Hall
, and comments submitted via the City’s Web site, a new revised vision statement was drafted. After further input, the statement was edited to be more concise and to better focus on Westmount's responsibilities.
|Sustainable Westmount Vision Statement
Adopted by City Council on February 2, 2009
Are you interested in a specific aspect of sustainable development? Do you want to focus on a particular topic? Contact us here.
In Westmount, implementing sustainable development will be based on the following values.
- Strive for continuous improvement toward sustainability
- Reduce, reuse and recycle resources
- Promote sustainable construction and renovation
- Incorporate mindfulness towards the environment
- Take climate change into consideration
- Work toward zero waste, zero emissions and net-zero energy consumption
- Endorse cyclical renewability of resource use and consumption
- Maintain cultural and architectural preservation
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Provide leadership
- Manage the human-made environment
- Aim for energy-descent planning, recognizing that fossil fuels will become less available
- Support inter-generational equity
Wednesday, March 3, 2010